9.27.2012

Sugar Cookie Bars


I thought I would start with something simple. Yet scrumptious. I have never really loved taking the time to cut out sugar cookies, so when I saw this idea of just making them into bars I knew I had to try it. It said it was suppose to make a 9x13 pan, but I had a lot of room left after I was done. I would double the batch or you could just do what I did and stop where the dough stops. In this recipe you get all the flavor without all the hard work.


Sugar Cookie Bars

2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter ( melted and cooled)
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Frosting

1/4 cups butter
2 c. powder sugar
1/8 c. half & half
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
(food coloring if you want color)

For the cookie dough you are going to want mix the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Put the butter, sugar and egg into a separate bowl together and mix for 1-2 minutes, until nice and fluffy. Hand mix in the vanilla and sour cream. I like to add the dry ingredients 1/2 to 1 cup at a time to make sure it all gets mixed well. After everything has come together nicely go ahead and place in buttered 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. Let cool.
Mean while add all ingredient for the frosting into a clean bowl and mix until you get a whip cream consistency. Add whatever color or colors of food die to the mix and then spread onto bars. Cut into what ever size you need and enjoy.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment